Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 27 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Engineering Industry.
Today Orion Group manages the placement of over 5,000 contractors every year via our worldwide network of offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. Following continued year on year growth, we expect to shortly exceed USD $1 billion annual sales.
Role Title: Lubricants Distributor Manager: West Africa
Job reference: 914591
Salary: USD50000 - USD58000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Oil & Gas, Operations / Production
FRENCH SPEAKERS ONLY
Region/Segment/Team: Europe & Africa Lubes
Team: Africa Sales Lubricants
Location: Nigeria (Lagos) Reports to: Regional Sales Manager Lubricants Africa
The Distributor Manager - will have overall accountability for this area including the following key activities:
- Full P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow performance, working capital and debtors.
- HSSE performance for the area.
- Execution of the marketing and business plans for the national distributors.
- Management the performance of the national distributors against agreed annual plan
- Performance on volume and margin growth must be in line with the Africa strategy objectives.
- Accelerate growth in this area.
- The Distributor Manager will act as the business consultant tthe Distributors in this region.
- The Distributor Manager will act as the "glue" between the Distributors and functions.
Full P&L, BS and Cash flow accountability. Meet and exceed Volume targets, Gross Margin, Net Profit targets.
Sales & Distributor Leadership :
- Develop World Class Relationships with Major key and strategic accounts
- Support and influence the national distributor's incl sub distributors.
- Ensure implementation of performance measures within the Distributor key measure being Return on Investment, growing market share and brand awareness.
- Develop with the National Distributor's a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Analyse Distribution Gaps and partner with Distributor team tclose out the gaps
- Debtors: Manage distributor risk and trading terms in line with the client policies.
- Relationships: Build and manage both internal and external strategic relationships within the areas. Motivate and manage the distributor sales teams.
- HSSE: Implement and manage the client's HSSE policies within the National Distributor's business.
- Marketing: Drive the annual marketing plans. Ensure superior execution of the marketing plans within the area. Suggest marketing activities thelp increase value share. Ensure a properly planned execution strategy for promotions in the targeted channels.
- Competition: Ensure key competitors are tracked on a regular basis and feedback is received formally from the entire distributor team and suggest relevant actions.
Key challenges faced on the role
- Influencing the Distributor and the Distributors work force and managing a customer base that is spread across a very vast geography whilst delivering exceptional performance.
- The ability twork autonomously.
- Managing the external and internal interfaces at senior levels across all the client functions.
- Building a business via distributors that will be world class in all performance aspects including HSSE and Ethics.
- Managing strategic relationships.
- Keeping up tdate with the latest developments within this region that may impact the Distributors performance positively or negatively and develop plans for mitigation.
- The Lubricants Cluster Manager will represent lubricants within the countries and will manage cross business unit relationships within the area, i.e.: Marine, Aviation, GBS and fuels value chain.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Senior sales and distributor management extensive experience in Africa, lubricants experience would be an advantage.
- An excellent understanding of the entire value chain.
- Good application in Marketing required.
- Proven ability tdeliver performance in remote and challenging geographies.
- Expert level of experience in working in developing markets.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation.
- High level of ability twork autonomously at a senior level.
- High level of operational working knowledge in Africa more specific tthis region.
Country / Cluster specific information
Various countries within this region including Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Benin, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria
- Strict adherence tthe client's travel policy within Africa.
- This role requires the Distributor Manager ttake the lead on all aspects of HSSE within the day tday activities of the each of the Distributors within the region and tinfluence the Distributors tadopt best practice with regards tHSSE.