MTN is the largest provider of mobile network access and ICT solutions in Nigeria, connecting whole communities with each other and with the rest of the world.
In 2001, MTN Nigeria was one of the first telecom operators to receive a GSM licence from the Federal government. Since then, we have led the growth in the voice market and today, we offer an integrated suite of communications products/services, including mobile voice and data, digital and mobile financial services as well as enterprise services to SMEs, public sector and corporate clients.
At the heart of our company’s operations are a diverse group of committed men and women, who enjoy a work experience and culture that is challenging, dynamic and rewarding, guided by our core values of Leadership, Innovation, Integrity, Relationship and a Can-Do attitude.
We were the first Nigerian company to be certified as an Investors In People (IiP) Gold company, which speaks to the depth and impact of our people management practices. It is also a reflection of our commitment to making MTN a Great Place to Work for our employees.
With over 60 million customers, MTN is also the largest subsidiary of the MTN Group, a global brand spread across 22 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Division: Enterprise Business Unit
Core purpose of the Job
To optimize core-planning process for revenue realization through segment and vertical performance measurement, efficiency improvements with a view to achieving overall business objectives.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains
- Create dashboards for upper management giving complete view of revenue impact and customer loyalty and Churners.
- Customer segmentation & profiling providing insights into customer demographics and behavior
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive business intelligence / insights from internal sources.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Support Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) for micro campaign opportunity tapping
- Translating business requirements into an actionable reporting/data repository implementations.
- Provide Market Intelligence analysis and insight into products & services / platforms offered or used by the competition in an effort to assess their relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop, automate and own all EBU business reports (standard reports / dashboards), other information delivery solutions on key business drivers as well as the integrity of the reporting systems.
- Propose management / process solutions for data analysis content, consistency, intelligence to maximize display and data quality assurance.
- Interpret business needs into functional requirements and manage the lifecycle for IT reporting deliverables.
- Designing and deploying business intelligence models jointly with IT and secure timely actionable outputs.
- Generate business requirements and participate in coordination of overall data architecture.
- Produce analysis and business intelligence to EBU by utilizing various tools and drawing on proven proficiency/ experience (including all aspects of the architecture of cube/report design, creation, storage and access)
- Develop structured daily push and pull reporting mechanism across geography and business hierarchical levels.
- Provide management with fact-based, business-oriented actionable insights to facilitate informed decision making.
- Ensure the integrity of enterprise financial information by applying correct business rules and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Validation and control the Revenue reports.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.
Min Required Experience: 6 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
• Minimum First degree in Business / Information systems management or related field and appropriate relevant professional experience required
• Post graduate degree (MBA preferable)
Minimum of 6 years working experience which includes;
• 4 years’ experience in the area of data science / analytics business systems / business intelligence etc.
• 3 years’ experience at supervisory Level
• 3 years’ minimum experience in a Telco environment
• Understanding of Unix Operating System
• Sound knowledge of PL/SQL and proven experience Business Intelligence tools (Oracle, SAS, Business Objects / DB2 etc.)
• Experience in data warehousing, ETL / dataflow structure within telecoms industry very desirable
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: MTN Nigeria, Golden Plaza, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos
MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian ...Know More about Mtn Nigeria
Employees said said they are "Satisfied" with this workplace.