FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Job ID: 18782
Location: Banki - Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The Midwife/Skilled Birth Attendant will assist female patients in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery.
- He/she will also provide antenatal and postnatal advice and support to women and their families.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides direct patient care and accompany in the management of pre-natal, antenatal, inpatient and follow-up care for women (including deliveries).
- Provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services including family planning counselling and services to prevent and treat malaria, tetanus, STI, HIV.
- Provides training and management in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
- Provides reproductive health services and counselling to adolescents in the prevention of teen pregnancy, transmission of STI/HIV, and sexual violence related injuries.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. trainings, mentoring)
- Plans care of the patient in collaboration with the site doctor.
- Provision of direct nursing care i.e. Administration of IV medications, wound dressings clinical observations etc.
- Maintains all reusable equipment by cleaning and sterilizing appropriately.
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized(if any)
- Ensure high quality maternal health services at all project sites.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control measures are maintained at all times.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.