Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist - Lake Chad Programme
Req ID: 20926
Job Code: 20926
Reports to: Lake Chad Programme Coordinator with dotted Line to Regional Head of MERL
Type of Role: One year fixed term contract
- Plan International has been operating in Nigeria since 2014, in Niger since 1998 and in Cameroon since 1996.
- We have full-fledged Country programmes in three out of four affected countries around the Lake Chad and have developed a joint programme approach for the Lake Chad Response.
- As MER-Specialist you will be responsible for developing a regional M&E Framework for the Lake Chad Response Programme, including the development of respective instruments and data collection tools to measure the impact of our programme.
- Furthermore, you will support the M&E specialists at country level to improve DRM program quality and accountability through
- Enhancing MER capacity, networking and learning with regards to the Program Quality Policy
- Supporting and implementing high quality MER and
- Providing evidence for programme design, planning and effectiveness.
- You will ensure that MER practices used within the Lake Chad countries are shared with the regional MERL network.