MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead Internal Audit
Division: Business Risk Management
Core Purpose of the Job:
- To perform and supervise financial, compliance, operational and special audits of considerable complexity and carry out investigations into reported irregularities.
- Identify root of business process problems and assist in developing the business case for change, benchmarking and carrying out surveys relating to process operations and improvement.
- Identify areas of opportunity for cost and financial optimisation.
- Prepare and conduct work programs for assigned audits assignments.
- Document work done in the form of work papers in accordance with BRM Audit Methodology
- Research and analyse financial statement and records, operational reports, audit client’s PPPs and audit related issues as well as assist the Financial & Operational Audit Manager in the development of the audit work plan.
- Draft audit reports to be reviewed by Financial & Operational Audit Manager and prepare final reports for distribution.
- Collect process related data and statistics from process owners, to determine effectiveness and quality of MTNN services and determine required changes in the processes and practices necessary to provide optimum service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Review the performance of Financial & Operational Auditor and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, the activities of Financial & Operational Auditor and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Use of analytical tools to test compliance with operational, financial and statutory regulations as well as internal controls.
- Adherence to audit methodologies and IIA (International Internal Audit) standards
- Sustain the development of corrective actions and countermeasures ensuring compliance with PPPs and internal control
- Periodic follow-up on audit recommendations to determine successful implementation of counter measures and corrective actions.
- Customer insight management & engagement
- Work closely with other audit team members to complete each audit exercise until the assignment is completed and wrapped up.
- Coach and train Internal Auditor to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge, as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Normal MTNN office environment.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office