Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is looking for a Deputy Team Leader for the DFID funded Anti-Corruption in Nigeria (ACORN) programme
The programme will support Nigerian partners in government to reduce corruption as a result of stronger incentives not to loot government resources. It will strengthen the policy and legislative framework on anti-corruption and ensure it is better implemented. It will strengthen the capability of enforcement agencies and the judiciary to detect, investigate, prosecute and convict those that break the rules and to recover stolen assets, as well as build a better evidence base on 'what works' in fighting corruption.
The Deputy Team Leader will be key part of the programme's leadership. They shall be responsible for working with the Team Leader to manage effective programme delivery, including overseeing the work of key technical area leads as well as those overseeing programme operations and finance. They shall be responsible for ensuring ACORN is delivering results expected of it and working in line with agreed technical and operational systems and approaches.
- Develop close working relationships with other members the ACORN team as well as counterparts in partner organisations
- Support the building of effective working relationships between members of the programme team and a collaborative work environment
- Line manage senior members of the team as needed
- Develop strong working relationships with the leadership of other development programmes, in particular DFID's and exploit complementarities and synergies between ACORN and them where possible.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
Strategy and Operational Planning
- Work with the Team Leader to develop the programme's overall strategy and approach
- Lead in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Oversee the development of appropriate financial, operational and HR systems for programme delivery
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Minimum education and experience required
- Educated to university degree level or above
- Strong experience in a senior management position in a donor funded programme
- Experience in supporting improved governance and/or anti-corruption in Nigeria
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Strong expertise in managing complex programmes
- Strong experience in managing diverse teams, including managing members of staff
- Good understanding of governance and public administration in Nigeria
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 8D Thaba Tseka Street off Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria
Today, Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, societies and economies, creating enduring value.The Balanced Scoreca...Know More about Palladium Group