The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Environmental Sciences
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Summary of Position
- AUN is seeking a motivated Assistant/Associate/full Professor of Environmental Sciences in the Department of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate will contribute to preparing students to be applied and practical, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- S/he will work closely with the Chair of the Natural and Environmental Sciences Program and the Dean of the school of Arts & Science to deliver effective teaching and learning in line with the program philosophy and the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to mentor students and to contribute to the department’s administration and scholarly work by carrying out and disseminating high quality research.
- The post holder will be required to instruct environmental science courses, both introductory and advanced levels, including advanced courses related to his or her area of expertise.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline and an established, or potential to establish, record of excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Candidates should possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with career stage. International experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and, interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must also have a strong command of English.