Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria.;
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Officer
Location: Cross River
Key Job Responsibilities
- Applies the ILO Safety and health in ports. ILO code of practice on port HSEQ operations.
- Confers with ship’s officers, vessel crew or agents to explain safety and security measures.
- Monitors and inspects the loading and unloading of cargo; prepares wharf apron, warehouse and lay-down areas for cargo operations; monitors operations to ensure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Inspects berths, docks or slips following vessel departures; records and reports damages; secures berths and docks following vessel departures.
- Monitors and regulates vehicular traffic at Port terminals.
- Monitors Port and tenant construction and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with all relevant rules, regulations and Port standards and coordinates this work with operational activities.
- Schedules and coordinates annual fire and safety inspections of Port terminals and facilities.
- Inspects assigned terminal areas for cleanliness, compliance with safety regulations and needed repairs; reports the need for repairs to terminal facilities and monitors and inspects their completion.
- Prepares and maintains a wide variety of manual and computer-based records, logs and reports related to the use and operation related to the use, of the Port’s marine terminals and related facilities.
- Regularly patrols and monitors terminal areas, including contracted security services procedures, for security and safety purposes; monitors fire alarms; reports suspicious occurrences to the Port Facility Security Officer.