FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategic Communications Advisor
Job ID: 18775
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The post-holder will organize and deliver strategic, targeted, timely and professional communications to selected national and international audiences, including promotional materials for FHI 360’s marketing and business development.
- The post is responsible for ensuring that the range, depth and diversity of FHI 360 Nigeria’s work, capacities and achievements, including scientific and technical papers and research, related to the broad range of FHI 360 project portfolio, are communicated in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Optimal media will be deployed for target audiences, including newsletters, FHI Nigeria social media platform, Vision 360 broadcast medium, targeted meetings and conferences.
- The post –holder will develop strategic and professional relations with the Nigerian broadcast and print media, professional bodies and technical service providers in communications to commission products as necessary and ensure appropriate coverage of FHI 360 activities in the Nigerian media.
- The post is responsible for coordination with FHI 360 HQ on developing and keeping current the content of the Nigerian pages of the corporate website and oversee that of FHI/Nigeria.
- The post will work in coordination with the Senior Communications officer and staff members of FHI 360 Nigeria communications unit to ensure the regular and high quality flow of information on FHI 360 programs to the CO from the various projects, state offices and corporate stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will develop a comprehensive FHI360 Nigeria and project’s strategic external engagement plan and oversee its implementation in coordination with the corporate office
- Will ensure organization-wide donor branding compliance
- Support development and implementation of FHI360 BRD Strategy for Nigeria; identify strategic target audiences for communications and development
- Manage quality control on the output of writers on programmatic, technical and promotional products;
- Support all FHI 360 projects with infographic based content for publications, donor related presentations and content for delivery of
- Manage all communications with and relations with the national media for FHI 360 Nigeria office;
- Provide communications training for all communications staff at the country office in developing content and documenting programs and events;
- Develop and maintain good relations with the Nigeria based media at state and national levels.
- Lead and organize the creation and publication of a suite of corporate communication materials for different audiences, funders, stakeholders and staff.
- Identify diverse “fit for purpose” social media platforms to boost information dissemination to a wider audience
- Coordinate with FHI 360 programs, technical and shared services departments to identify communication gaps and develop evidence based briefs for multiple audiences;
- Provide regular communication status analysis to FHI 360 Senior Management;
- Lead all documentation of work on the country program: policy briefs, newsletters, video documentaries, website products and all media engagement.
- Encourage and support innovation in communication in FHI 360;
- Gather and analyze information in Nigeria and globally with relevance to FHI 360 work in Nigeria and summarize as regular management information briefs;