Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Officer
Req ID: 21005
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Duration: 13 Months
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate and manage the CP and SGBV activities in line with International minimum standards in Northeast Adamawa state.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
In collaboration with the GBV Project Coordinator, the CP/SGBV Officer will be:
- To ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by ensuring standard tools and procedures are in place and adhered to by case management team members.
- To manage, provide training and technical support to, and build the capacity of the full case management team.
- To coordinate with other child protection agencies on case management
Staff Supervision & Development:
- Directly supervises partner NGO Case Workers
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of regular program and staff reporting and annual performance reviews, as appropriate
- Assist with the recruitment of Case Management staff.
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for volunteers and staff on technical and project management skills.
- Provide evaluations on staff performance in accordance with Plan Policies and Guidelines.
- Ensure that all Plan policies are upheld, as well as international Minimum Standards for Child Protection, Case Management, and UNHCR Guidelines