Deloitte Nigeria - Our client is a development finance institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria. The institution is set up as a private sector driven wholesale financial institution aimed at increasing access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through eligible financial intermediaries In view of the foregoing, the client seeks to attract, motivate and retain qualified staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Financial Audit
Reference Number: DFI016
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- To develop the annual audit plan to ensure compliance with financial and statutory regulations, and standards. Manage the audit of all activities, transactions and policies and procedures of the institution, monitor fraud and risk within the Bank and provide appropriate recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops detailed programme of activities, including the scope, objective, risk analysis, methodology and allocation of staff for Routine, Systems, Process Audits, Spot Checks, investigation etc.
- Assists with planning regular audits and compliance testing to ensure that procedures are operating effectively with appropriate controls and recommend changes where necessary
- Provides assistance in the development and implement the institution's annual audit plan to ensure compliance with financial and statutory regulations, and standards.
- Participates in provision of adequate information and assistance to management and staff to enable them to comply with financial and statutory requirements
- Conducts audit exercise
- Conducts inspection of financial and operations infrastructures as well as financial and operations system development
- Carries out casting of data, collates and references working papers of financial documents
- Confirms the accuracy of expenditure accounting entries made in voucher and journal printouts
- Participates in investigation exercises
- Participates in the preparation of audit reports to be presented to the Management / Board
- Ensures follow-up on the internal control systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts, and ethical business conduct.
- Assists the Head, Internal Audit with conducting ad-hoc audit reviews to investigate any areas identified by management and conduct any special projects assigned by the management.
- Participates in consultancy services for the institution