MTN Nigeria is the leading telecommunications company in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Digital Services
Division: Information System
Core purpose of the Job
- To establish Information Systems Capacity Planning function as an ongoing discipline.
- To determine the right amount of resources required to meet service demands now and in the future culminating in the production of cost-effective capacity plans and procuring of resources/equipment.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Define and develop a robust capacity management and governance framework to enable the company manage current and future capacity requirements on all IT infrastructures.
- Model IS services to simulate infrastructure performance and understand future needs.
- Evaluate and project the impact of actual or proposed changes in hardware and software structures, estimating growth for the demand of application services and infrastructure and regularly presenting current and project system capacities to management.
- Produce Capacity Plans and document current utilization and forecast requirements, as well as support costs for new application releases.
- Formulate business requirements, technology solutions and directions for capacity and availability planning culminating in accurate technology purchases.
- Determine the capacity requirements from the business for new or enhanced IS services, building an annual infrastructure growth plan in alignment with Business plan.
- Monitor IT systems and services to check that work processed and performance experienced are as specified in the SLAs.
- Identify the work and levels of service that can be supported by available and/or planned capacity.
- Investigate current performance areas of IS Systems and identify bottlenecks and develop ideas for performance improvements.
- Track ongoing availability measurement and forecasting of all IS systems.
- Monitor trends, risk and impact analysis and establish measures and reporting to reflect business, user and IS requirements.
- Recommend Technology upgrades, reviewing status and Requirements with application owners and Technology groups and define the approach needed to meet requirements
- Normal MTNN office environment.
- Open plan office
- May be required to work extended hours
- Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.