Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with long-term programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking an Agriculture Investment Manager for the upcoming five-year, USAID/Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project.
The purpose of the Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The AgCompete project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e. partners and grantees) to achieve USAID/Nigeria’s food security objectives. The AgCompete Project will contribute to the Mission’s Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
The Agriculture Investment Manager (AIM) will develop and facilitate private sector agribusiness partnerships to catalyze technological innovations in agriculture, improve productivity, expand technical skills, and increase incomes for smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
The primary responsibilities of the AIM include:
- Developing scopes of work and calls for proposals for agriculture technology offerings, managing the competitive solicitation process, and facilitating effective proposal evaluation committee activities;
- Negotiating agreements between applicants and project, including refining the scope and objectives of the applicant, managing grant implementation, including troubleshooting technical and business issues, and developing strategies to address issues to keep the applicant on track;
- Managing fund disbursement, reporting, and results;
- Providing other technical and business support to partners as needed.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
Min Required Experience: 10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
The minimum qualifications for the AIM are:
- At least 10 years of private sector agribusiness management experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, or related field.
- Experience in building capacity of SMEs.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects would be a plus.
- Organized and able to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of project staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willing to travel to remote locations.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required.
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Washington, DC
Fintrac, a woman-owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and international partners to increase produc...Know More about Fintrac Inc.