Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with long-term programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking an Impact Manager for the upcoming five-year, USAID/Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project.
The purpose of the Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The AgCompete project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e. partners and grantees) to achieve USAID/Nigeria’s food security objectives. The AgCompete Project will contribute to the Mission’s Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
The Impact Manager will measure and monitor impact of AgCompete’s allied partners on Nigeria’s agribusiness sector and smallholder farmers and communicate lessons learned to the Knowledge Exchange team to improve future project activities.
The primary responsibilities of the Impact Manager include:
- Managing the Impact Monitoring (Monitoring & Evaluation) team.
- Directing baseline and annual surveys, ongoing data collection and analysis, staff training, and other impact monitoring-related activities.
- Participating in consultations and work planning with sector stakeholders to establish relationships and coordinate initial project interventions and establish relationships.
- Providing evidence-based data and analysis to demonstrate AgCompete’s impact on stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing systems for verification of monitoring data reported by partners and field teams, using field-based sampling and other monitoring and impact measuring methodologies.
- Provide overall management of the project’s data collection system, including but not limited to collection, entry, and confirmation of client and stakeholder baseline information, trainings, technical assistance visits, investments, and other indicators.
- Providing statistics and other data to the COP, sector teams, and Communications Specialist for use in quarterly and annual reports, success stories, and presentation in response to information request from USAID and other counterparts.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with program clients and stakeholders.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
The minimum qualifications for the Impact Manager are:
- At least five years of impact measuring and/or monitoring and evaluation experience, at the supervisory level preferred.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Experience designing and overseeing data collection and reporting for agribusiness in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated research design and analytical skills with five (5) years of agriculture research or monitoring and evaluation experience in a development setting in Africa. USAID or other international donor experience preferred.
- Organized and able to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of project staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willing to travel to remote locations.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required. Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills.
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Washington, DC
Fintrac, a woman-owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and international partners to increase produc...Know More about Fintrac Inc.