6 months with Possible extension
Nutrition screener/Registrar (3 positions)
Application closing date
14 may 2017
Under the supervision of the Nutrition officer, the nutrition registrar shall support the implementation of daily nutrition activities and implementation of CMAM program in Konduga in line with National Guidelines and improving maternal and child health and nutrition, promoting appropriate IYCN practices and hygiene and sanitation. The post holder will work in close collaboration with the government staff, the community and those of the local Partners in implementing the nutrition program.
· The nutrition Registrar will work together with the nutrition officer and other IRC sectors in implementing CMAM, outreach program and MIYCN activities in konduga He/she will Work together with the health facility staff in developing the movement and work plans for the respective health facilities.
· Work with MOH staff in conducting outreach especially in hard to reach areas where security situation permits
· Conduct anthropometric measurement-MUAC ,Weight and Height of all under five children coming to the clinics and ensure all measurements are recorded as appropriate
· Formation, training and supervising the mother to mother support groups Work together with the nutrition manager with support from the nutrition coordinator in identification and training of the health facilities staff continuously mentor the health facility staff towards quality implementation of the CMAM program.
· Identification and training of the community in active case finding, referral and defaulter tracing at community level.
· To work together with the local partner to ensure effective implementation of their roles and responsibilities as per their TOR.
· Together with the nutrition officer support in the development of an effective outreach strategy that will enhance effective and comprehensive service provision.
· Capacity building and training of the local government and partner staff in all aspects of nutrition programming.
· understand why their child is not admitted
· Through liaison with the community mobilizers and nutrition volunteers, provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the programme, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems etc.
· Provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
· Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the OTP sites.
· Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
Objective 2: Supervise medicines administration in OTP/SFP activities
· Follow and respect the current protocols specially drug administration i.e. for de-worming, malaria, polio and measles , and micronutrient mineral/ Vitamin A supplements targeting children and PLW
· Add the activities linked to health and nutrition education in the protocols
· Follow the treatment of the beneficiaries during visits at home
· Participate in the follow-up of orders and consumption
· Analyse the nutritional situation
· Compile the statistical data (admission, default, cured, absent, death) and draft a report on activities
Objective 3: Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors
· Establish good relationship with the Buluma’s and LGA authorities and community leaders
· Establish a network with the other actors in the working area (I/NGO)
· Establish a good understanding of the program within the community
· Establish link and meetings with the community leaders and different group existing in the working area.
Other: To carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- To be flexible as required.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
· Diploma in Nursing and Must be registered with Nursing Board.
· Experience in Conducting outreach and Mobile clinics
· Addition nutrition training in CMAM and IYCF is an added advantage.
· Previous experience in implementing a nutrition program.
Previous experience in nutrition surveys and added advantage
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
14 June 2017
How to Apply
Applicants should bring their applications to the IRC office in MAIDUGURI office addressed to the Country Director IRC. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview