Qualifications and Experience
· Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
· Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
· Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
· Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
· Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, google+, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc. and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
· Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
· Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
· Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
· Practices superior time management.
· Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management.
· Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
· Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
· Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
· Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
· Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles
· Knowledgeable in Brand Development, Identify Target Customers, and Set Clear Objectives, Visual Design and Web Development Strategy, Solid Content Strategy, Promotion Strategy, Engagement Strategy and Conversion Strategy.