CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin & Finance Specialist
- CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the USAID funded Feed the Future Nigeria and Nestle Maize Quality Improvement Partnership (M-QIP) project. This project will focus on enhancing the quality and safety of maize and soybeans in the Kaduna State by reducing aflatoxin and other contaminants.
- The Admin & Finance Specialist will be responsible for the overall financial, administrative, and procurement management of the project. This position reports directly to the Team Leader and is based in Kaduna.
Specific duties include:
- Manage all administrative, financial, and procurement processes;
- Ensure smooth implementation of project financial activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections, submission of monthly financial reports to CNFA HQ, etc.;
- Ensure all financial and procurement activities are in compliance with CNFA and USAID policies;
- Manage procurement of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with CNFA and USAID policies;
- Oversee basic bank transfers and office accounting;
- Ensure timely payments to consultants and vendors.
- Oversee the management of the financial filing system (both paper and electronic), in coordination with CNFA’s internal controls;
- Oversee project start up and close out including country registration, VAT and other tax related issues, management of country bank accounts, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned;