Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Job Title: Commercial Manager - COMEBU009
- To provide complete commercial guidance and price inputs to the Bid and Sales Teams during the development of world class proposals to Vodafone customers. Typical value of opportunities range from €100k to €20m Total Contract Value. Key accountabilities are:
- Create and manage pricing requirements for global, complex, managed service and connectivity opportunities in a timely manner, meeting Vodafone Group Enterprise objectives whilst mitigating risk.
- Create/structure new and innovative commercial propositions; ensuring customer needs are addressed as well as Vodafone’s key financial requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the win strategy during the response to customer requests for proposal (RfP’s)
- Lead commercial negotiations with customers to achieve the best outcome on behalf of Vodafone.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with commercial counterparts in the Operating Companies to ensure fast and competitive response to customer requirements.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing world class commercial propositions ensuring that the offers submitted to our customers are competitive, commercially sound and that the risks have been understood, mitigated or accepted by the appropriate stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Be a strategic member of bid teams on customer opportunities to deliver winning commercial proposals to customers
- Lead the development of world class commercial propositions across multiple geographies and time zones, working closely with the operating companies to deliver a complete value proposition to VGE multinational customers
- Provide strategic and tactical business analysis of customer and commercial data to ensure the right decisions are made to secure profitable business
- Provide experience of previous global opportunities to the team to influence the Bid Strategy and approach to the customer
- Responsible for establishing strong working relationships with the various operating companies to deliver fast and competitive solutions to customers
- Works closely with the Solution Architect to understand the optimal solution, design and offer to the customer
- Understanding and communication of risk is a key imperative of the role, ensuring that all risks have been understood, mitigated or accepted by the appropriate stakeholders