SaroAfrica International Limited is the leader in the Nigerian Crop Protection industry. We are a wholly indigenous company, committed to the provision of dependable solutions to crop production problems in a distinctive, rewarding and responsible way. We have our head office located in Ibadan and offices across in Nigeria as well as in some West and Central African Countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
- In Saroafrica, we have obligated to doing the right thing in the right and prescribed manner because of our strong belief that our business growth and expansion will be achieved and sustained when strong corporate governance and a culture of compliance exist.
- To drive this objective, we are pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Legal and Compliance Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head, Audit and Compliance, the Legal and Compliance Officer will have key responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Managing litigations and liaising with external lawyers
- Providing commercial legal advice and solutions
- Negotiate, review and draft commercial agreements and key business documents.
- Managing and Fostering excellent relationships with relevant third parties including the security agencies
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Educate all levels of employees on not only the regulations but also the impact of non-compliance
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- Must have responsibility for Company Secretariat functions
Other Key Attributes
- Experience in delivering high quality advice and solutions to business leaders and top executives
- Experience in dealing and managing relationships with lawyers, the Police and other security agencies;
- Must have understanding of laws and practice applicable to business operating in Agriculture and Consumer sectors in Nigeria and the Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience in ensuring that Implementations are fully carried out in an orderly and timely manner