Synergy HR Solutions Limited - Our client is a leading provider of managed freight exchange services for the domestic road transport industry. It is an investment company with special focus on haulage and logistics since 2007. They have offices in over 10 states in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Compliance Officer
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting Line: Country Manager
- Reports regularly to the country Manager on the progress of compliance program implementation as well as come up with ways to improve efficiency and quality of services aimed at reducing vulnerability to fraud, abuse and waste
- Implements approved logistics compliance program put in place by the Head of Logistics
- Manages the logistics department of the Base Operations Support Services contract supporting GSA fleet vehicle management, warehouse operations and management, inventory control, parts supplies and deliveries, shipping/receiving, parts procurements and other related functions.
- Ensures compliance with guidance provided in Logistics manuals, policies and directives in addition to specific contractual guidance, in the accomplishment of logistics services.
- Oversees logistics team performance and manages day to day activities of the department
- Participate in independent investigations on logistics compliance related matters
- Review logistics compliance program in collaboration with the country Manager to incorporate changes that took place in the organisation as well as government policies and procedures.
- Reviews out-sourced or sub-contracted logistics functions for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures proper logistics requirements, processes and procedures are implemented with all project team members and applicable external organizations and the end user. Coordinates completed requests with the customer to ensure requirements have been met.
- Establishes, maintains and updates processes and procedures for logistics operations. Ensures configuration management of operations and activities.
- Ensures schedules and costs are met per contractual requirements. Provides required reports, metrics and data deliveries as stated in the contract or required by the PM.
- Must ensure that all logistics team comply with all aspects of shipping, warehousing and procurement, work together to fill orders and deliver materials on a timely basis. Also responsible for creating and maintaining contingency plans.
- Participate in conducting periodic risk assessments and response plans for the organisation
- Prompt response to detected offenses, developing corrective action, and reporting findings to Country Manager
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.