The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Mission and Main Activities
- Define and implement technical and logistics strategies and support to the field, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of ALIMA standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the medical projects.
- Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission.
- Is accountable to monitor the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of medical and non-medical material, transport, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, etc.) ensuring compliance of ALIMA standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- Is responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for:
- Is responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provide coaching to logistics staff.
- Is responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Is responsible to ensure the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, software, backups, etc.) and communication tools.
- Is responsible to define and monitor technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring security rules observation and reporting to the HoM of any problem. For this purpose, the Logistics Coordinator will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situation and will be the security back up in the absence of the HoM.
- Is responsible to ensure communication means in the Mission (including numbers & frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ. Ensures all staff in the Mission benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the Mission (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Represent ALIMA in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical/logistics related issues.
- Provide reporting on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed.