- Candidates should possess a Ph.D. degree from a recognized university with at least twelve (12) years post-doctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in a university.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership.
- Candidates must also be specialists in core areas of departmental fields of study with evidence of scholarly publications in local, national and international reputable academic journals, plus membership of relevant professional bodies.
- All Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable
- Candidates who are awaiting results need not apply;
- Computer literacy is required for this position.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position is the same with the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Fifteen (15) copies each of the following documents below:
- Typed applications
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of credentials
The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information include the following in this order:
- Position applied for
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin & Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the nation and immediate community where applicable;
- List of Publications where applicable;
- Honours, Awards and Distinctions;
- Extra Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. (One of whom must be your current or immediate past employer).
Candidate’s submissions should be forwarded in sealed envelope which should have the position applied for clearly indicated on its left-hand corner.
Candidates should also request their three (3) Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar of the University. The Referees should also be informed to indicate the names of their candidates and the positions and departments applied for, on the left hand corner of the envelopes in which the references are forwarded.
Applications and supporting documents must reach the Federal University Lokoja via the address below:
Federal University Lokoja,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.