Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality Healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely recording of financial information and preparing all required financial statements and reports
- Prepare and control annual and quarterly budgets for the Organization and for other significant events.
- Monitor budget performance and prepare budget performance review reports.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the time and billing system.
- Ensure timely and accurate inputting of all hours and related expenses by staff into the time billing system
- Manage Axios Foundation Nigeria field accounts system, review chart of accounts, generate reports as needed for project reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for preparing local staff payroll and accompanying schedules (Tax, Pension) and ensures compliance with all project legal requirements, including employee taxes, pension fund contribution and national housing scheme.
- Manage all statutory related compliance and requirements including tax returns, VAT reporting, and Withholding Tax.
- Oversight of accounting anti tracking of fixed assets additions, including maintenance of fixed asset records.
- Liaise with the bank on banking activities like setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, exchange rates, banking fees and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team to protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Training and mentoring of Finance Officer to ensure all costs are understood and reported accurately.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements and assisting with financial and tax audits as the need arises.
- Other financial and related tasks as required by the Director of Finance and Administration.