First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
Requisition ID: 1700002B
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Code: STR/CMBG/0109
- FirstBank has identified immediate opportunities for suitably qualified and highly competent individuals to fill the position of Business Manager in Ibadan Hub.
- The search is targeted at external candidates with relevant skills, knowledge, experience and track record of success and achievement in Trade Transactions.
- Reporting to the Group Head, the ideal candidates will implement effective marketing strategies and plans to achieve profitability and growth in market share within the area of jurisdiction.
Specific responsibilities and manning requirements are as detailed below:
- Responsible for the P & L of Commercial Banking segment within the assigned market coverage area.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the team to achieve increased value creation, volume of business and enhanced profitability for the Bank.
- Champion the development of marketing strategies and coordinate marketing efforts across the Hub.
- Network with all potential clients across the various business segments to increase customer base and drive liability generation.
- Supervise the activities of RMs across the Hub to ensure optimal achievement of set targets.
- Oversee the creation of quality risk assets to increase profitability.
- Contribute to the effective launch of new products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Develop the overall marketing activities of the Relationship Managers within the team to ensure significant increase in the market share.
- Structure deals and relate with co-lenders in syndication arrangements.
- Drive growth of the Group’s trade transaction volumes: Form M/ Letters of Credit/ Bills for Collection etc.