Job Code: 063004
Role Description: Contract Manager
Project: OKPAI II Project
Project Scope - CCPP
Saipem is hiring Contract Manager/Subcontract Manager to join our onshore activities for the OKPAI 2 Project based in Nigeria.
Negotiate and analyze the contract terms and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the negotiation, interpretation and application of contract clauses, exploring contractual solutions and alternatives to minimize risks and optimize opportunities during contract negotiation or contract execution.
- Manage and coordinate contract management activities ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the negotiation and execution phase are correctly addressed.
- Ensure that Golden Rules and Silver Guidelines are implemented.
- Manage the resources involved in contract management activities, develop relevant professional competences and identify project-staffing needs.
- Supervise the application of Saipem guidelines and standards relevant to contract management
- Provide all necessary reports regarding contract management matter to the corporate/company/project management.
- Ensure collection and sharing of lessons learned feedbacks and returns of experience on issues/criticalities encountered during contract management activities.
- Ensure, for the area of its remit, application of the industrial risk management methodology
For the commercial phase:
Draft contractual/negotiation documents and define the most appropriate clauses of the contract with clients, partners (including in Cooperation, Partnership and Joint Venture Agreements) and with subcontractors/vendors for the provision of goods, services and works
Identify the most appropriate contractual solutions and contribute to the definition of optimal risk profile for the Company, ensuring that the defined risk profile is adequately reflected in the relevant contract/cooperation documents.
Provide legal and contractual advices for the negotiation of loans on the markets, bank sureties, active and passive guarantees, parent company guarantees and indemnity letters.
Participate in bids presentation and commercial negotiation
For the execution phase:
- Recover bid contractual summary, any legal analyses and other support documentation prepared during tender phase.
- Verify the completeness of contract documents (consistency check), supervise their distribution to project team members and regularly execute contract induction meetings.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the contract management execution strategy and ensure change process on the project, including appropriate claim management actions.
- Ensure that all project specific contracts for goods, services or subcontracts are drafted incorporating contractual obligations and assisting the Project Manager in identifying critical packages (subcontractors and vendors) requiring special monitoring of contract risks.
- Participate in the periodical project budget review meetings.
- Review regulatory requirements.
- Review, update and complete all partner agreements according to contract/project development.
- Coordinate the contractual documentation filling.
- Ensure the contribution to the Legal function for the management of preliminary activities of litigations and contribute during the following activities.
Min Required Experience: 7 year(s)
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Skills: Construction Manager, Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nigeria, Nigeria
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Plot 99, Ajose Adeogun Street, P.O.Box 72996 Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
Saipem is a large, international and one of the best balanced turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry. Saipem has a strong bias towards oil and gas related activities in remote areas an...Know More about Saipem
Employees said said they are "Satisfied" with this workplace.