Director of Finance and Administration, Agricultural Competitiveness
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium seeks an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration, Agricultural Competitiveness
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for the USAID-funded Nigeria opportunity in Agriculture Competitiveness.
- Provide leadership, management, and direct supervision for the project?s finance/accounting staff.
- Oversees the implementation of systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance USAID contracts, rules and regulations.
- Ensures the accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and financial reports
- Manages project advances to staff and maintaining a strong internal control environment to safeguard assets
- Ensures integrity of accounting information by reviewing account balances for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting.
- Oversees maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Develops and implements accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Manages the timely submission of the monthly field expenses to the headquarters office.
- Guides and assists accountants and other program staff in preparing, revising and monitoring budgets for ongoing activities
- Manages the financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Supervises accounting staff in effective performance within agreed standards of conduct and reporting
- Provides additional support to the COP/DCOP as required