The West African Institute For Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM) is a sub-regional capacity building Institution established in 1996 by the Central Banks of The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, WAIFEM has the m-andate to strengthen capacity for macroeconomic and financial management in the countries of member Central Banks.
The Institute seeks qualified candidates to fill the under-mentioned vacancy:
Job Title: Director of Research
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to the Director General, the Director of Research will supervise the research department to ensure research into relevant issues/topics emanating from the capacity building and training programmes.
- Responsible for the production of the Institutes various publications.
- Supervise the building up of the database in the constituent countries of WAIFEM.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Director General.
- Direct and lead the department in the sourcing of funds to facilitate its research work.
- Organize internal and external seminars and workshops for the benefit of the Institute and the sub-region.