Nigeria is currently the world's third largest market for the Guinness Brand. Lagos and Benin Breweries, each produce c.1.5 to 1.6 million hectolitres of various Guinness products per annum for the local, national and export markets. GNPLC is striving towards world class standards and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
The Engineering Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Production Services Engineer.
Purpose of the role:
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
The Nigerian beer market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus. Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become Number 1.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Interface with SAP as appropriate.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.