Our client, one of the top Chambers of Commerce in Nigeria is currently hiring an Executive Secretary whose sole responsibility will be to give secretarial ad administrative support to the President and the Board Members.
The Executive Secretary is responsible for a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties to the President and Board Members. The Executive Secretary acts as custodian and oversees the entire staff and running of the chamber.
- The Executive Secretary hires and supervises any paid office staff of the chamber, subject to approval by the board, and coordinates all volunteer office workers to execute the directives of the board of directors and the National President.
- The Executive Secretary shall be responsible for the maintenance, security and proper recording of the organizations records and assets as required by law and made available as when required by authorized persons; including items loaned, rented or hired.
- The Executive Secretary shall provide administrative support and management of the board of directors of the chamber's affairs and the secretariat as per scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings and events; transcribe drafts, proofread and revise correspondence, memos, flyers, agenda, minutes, resolutions and policies.
- The Executive Secretary shall act as custodian of minutes, updating resolution and ordinance books in accordance with retention, and oversee filling minutes of any meeting and in an appropriate filling system.
- The Executive Secretary shall attend all meetings of the chamber and actively play the role of representation in external events where necessary and as directed by the board.
- The Executive Secretary and/or any member of the staff of the chamber as he may direct shall be made available on request to committee chairmen to be secretary to any committee or sub-committee.
- The Executive Secretary shall maintain company committee member lists for: Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Education/Literacy Workforce Development Committee, Military Affairs Committee, Legislative Affairs Committee, Membership/Small Business Committee and other committee meetings as required