The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below.
Job Title: Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/High Dependence Unit (HDU) NURSE
- Works across all areas of the High Dependency Unit
- Responsible for the provision of patient centered, evidence-based nursing care and is expected to embrace a practice development philosophy in the delivery of that care
- Provide a continuum of care to patients with complex critical illness and be a clinical role model for other Registered Nurses and Nursing students
- Provide care in a quality framework and promote positive health outcomes.
- Take into consideration the patients’ ethnicity, culture, gender, spiritual values, sexuality, age, disability and economic and social factors in consultation with the patient when planning care
- Show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of their care, inclusive of appropriate referral to, and in consultation with, other health professionals, service providers and community.
- Align professional values and goals and work within ICRC mandated directives, standards.
- Flexible to perform other tasks as assigned