Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access (EFInA) is a financial sector development organization that promotes financial inclusion in Nigeria. Established in late 2007, our vision is to be the leader in facilitating the emergence of an all-inclusive and growth-promoting financial system. EFInA is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access (EFInA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy, Lead
The role of Policy, Lead is critical for the success of EFInA. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Policy, Lead will:
- Lead EFInA ‘s advocacy initiatives, as well as provide technical assistance to research and policy components embedded within specific projects/programmes.
- Responsible for EFInA’s quantitative and qualitative research and managing the organisation’s evidence/research/data base, which supports EFInA’s policy and influencing activity and informs the strategic development of Financial Inclusion
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
Policy, Advocacy & Stakeholder Management:
- Conducts assessments of current policies and regulations in the Financial Services sector in Nigeria to identify regulatory gaps and opportunities for advocacy to promote implementation of financial inclusion objectives in Nigeria
- Supports the development of enabling policies to drive Financial Inclusion in Nigeria by conducting research to determine the most effective and appropriate financial inclusion policies, and produce succinct policy notes outlining how they could be implemented in Nigeria
- Works with regulators/senior government representatives to develop, change and implement policies that promote financial inclusion based on compelling evidence-based insights from EFInA’s research data
- Ensures EFInA’s research findings are used to inform policy reforms and/or stimulate product innovation by consistently disseminating targeted research information to stakeholders
- Engages in advocacy activities with required stakeholders (FSI regulators, providers or the government) to solve industry problems identified during EFInA’s working group/breakfast meetings
- Works closely with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Financial Inclusion Secretariat (FIS), National Pension Commission (PenCom), National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) National Deposit Insurance Commission (NDIC) and other stakeholders to support monitoring and delivery of relevant objectives in the National Financial Inclusion Strategy
- Leverages international best practices or strategies that have been proven successful in other countries to Nigeria’s financial landscape as may be required
- Forges new and maintains partnerships with key stakeholders to further leverage their influences to drive financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Engages in conferences, convenings, working groups, speaking engagements and other activities that reinforce EFInA’s role as a honest broker and though leader in Financial Inclusion as directed by the GM
- Leads the design and implementation of all EFInA commissioned primary & secondary research and policy analysis. Prioritises and manages all EFInA’s research projects, ensuring they are delivered to high quality standards by specified deadline
- Synthesises lessons learned from research findings of EFInA surveys and scoping studies conducted and draw implications and/or conclusions that are actionable, impactful and accessible to stakeholders, in the form of policy/strategy/technical notes
- Reviews and finalises the reports (prepared by the Research Officers) for all customised requests received for analysis on the data from the EFInA Access to Financial Services in Nigeria surveys
- Provides insightful and meaningful data to the Programmes Team and Grants Manager to support the evaluation of proposals received
- Supervises the Communication Specialist to distil and disseminate EFInA’s primary research to relevant stakeholders. This will include implementing effective communication channels for engaging each category of EFInA’s stakeholders, the appropriate dissemination channels for all research commissioned and presenting research findings in a compelling and informative manner, e.g. by developing presentations, writing reports, producing brochures, developing info graphics/short videos, contributing to research publications, etc.
- Maintains relationships with major research firms in financial sector development and keep abreast of access to finance related research in Nigeria as well as in other relevant jurisdictions
- As required, contributes to EFInA’s knowledge management by facilitating knowledge sharing sessions, creating training materials and ensuring these materials are consistently saved to the Group Folder for ease of reference and retrieval of information
- Supports the Communications Specialist in developing and executing effective marketing strategies for key stakeholders that increase awareness of the issues limiting the growth of financial inclusion and provide recommendations for addressing these issues
- Performs any other duties as required by the General Manager
- Leads, coaches, and mentors the Communication Specialist, Research Officers/ Data Analytics Officer to ensure customer focus and high standards of delivery
- Develops annual training plans for the Policy & Research team for approval of the General Manager
- Monitors, manages and reports on the performance of Communication Specialist, Research Officers/ Data Analytics Officer, including setting performance objectives and timelines, and conducting monthly reviews and annual performance appraisals
Min Required Experience: 10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
Required Experience and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or International Development.
- Minimum of 10 years In-depth and proven experience of delivering research projects and commissioning, project managing and quality assuring for external and internal research.
- Strong awareness of the legal, regulatory & policy frameworks that govern financial sector experience (banking/management consultancy/development/research.
- Prior experience in policy and regulation design and implementation.
- Excellent Communications, presentation and interpretation skills.
- Ability to build partnerships across stakeholder groups.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of public (social and economic) policy processes
- Proven project management skills
- Proven ability to Formulate strategies/ analyse concepts
- Exceptional Planning and Organising skills
- Exceptional Campaign Management skills P
- Commitment to the financial inclusion agenda
- Energetic leader with a strong vision and passionate commitment for EFInA’s strategic objectives, who will deliver EFInA’s programmes
- Gravitas, credibility and ability to initiate and develop strategic partnerships and alliances
- Driven and a self-starter
- Highly-organised and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritise work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
- Can-do approach
- High levels of initiative
- Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
- Positive, flexible, supportive attitude to work
- Exhibits a helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
Terms of Appointment
- This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a funding-cycle based contract.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their CV’s and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Ms. Carol Mallari via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service.
- We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.