Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, Arusha, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers.
Greenlight Planet is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Manager
Reporting to: PayGo Go-To-Market Leader
- The Knowledge Manager will work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to ensure field staff have the relevant knowledge on processes and tools required for proper execution of their work.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Planning and delivering training to Energy Officers and Field staff to ensure proper understanding of tools and processes
- Share information on issues encountered in the field while using the tools
- Customer experience audit
- Support with ad-hoc projects related to field activities of EOs or field staff when required
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing, Customer Service Management or a Certificate in Adult Training
- Must reside in Kampala and be willing to spend 70% of the time in the field.
- Has working knowledge of MS office, email and smartphone applications
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Has at least three years’ relevant work experience in a similar role
- Is well versed with the local market geography, language and trade market.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.