Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Multimedia Content Gathering for Christian Aid Humanitarian Response
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Background and Purpose of Consultancy
- Christian Aid Nigeria is currently implementing interventions to support the on-going humanitarian response in the Northeast.
- These interventions are funded by multiple donors with varying communications needs fuelled by the need to demonstrate success on each project and fundraise by evidencing action, value for money and tangible results in the lives of beneficiaries.
- Therefore, the purpose of this consultancy is to gather on-site multimedia content; specifically, still images and audio-visual content that will showcase on-going work as well as tell the story of those who have benefited from an Al-Khair Foundation funded project being implemented by Christian Aid and partners.
- Content gathered will showcase tangible results of the intervention in the lives of beneficiaries in Borno state.
Specific Objectives of the Consultancy
- To provide raw audio-visual and photo footage of project activity, specifically an on-going cash transfer to IDPs that clearly showcases the funders of the project through the visibility materials provided by staff.
- To produce an audio-visual case study to demonstrate tangible evidence of the success of the project and its strategy.
- Audio-visual footage and photos of actual cash transfer distribution to IDPs.
- Photos of beneficiaries receiving their cash during the cash transfer.
- Photos of beneficiaries demonstrating how the project has led to an improvement in their lives/situations.
- Audio-visual documentary/case study showcasing the success of the project through the demonstration of an improvement in quality of life of beneficiaries as a result of involvement in the project. This can entail gathering content about the lives of selected beneficiaries after they have received their cash.
- All footage should clearly be showing Al-Kahir Foundation and Christian Aid’s support/funding through the visibility materials present at the distribution.
- Christian Aid is seeking a photo and video production outfit or individual with experience in documentary production, especially in humanitarian situations.
- The individual/outfit should also have experience in documenting case studies using these formats.
Budget and terms of engagement
- Christian Aid will cover only the cost of accommodation and travel to Borno state for the agreed number of days.
- All production costs incurred will be covered from the consultancy fee.
- 10% withholding tax will be deducted at source from the total cost of the consultancy fee for a firm, and 5% for an individual.