Afreximbank – an African focused Trade Finance bank – is recruiting for this role and various others. Should you meet the minimum requirements, kindly apply for the position.
Job Title: Manager, Loan Remediation
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reference No: PAB
- Manage an assigned portfolio of distressed credit facilities/ loans to minimize loss and maximize value of recoveries of from the sub and non-performing assets of the bank in line with set targets;
- Reschedule, restructure credit facilities including repayment terms, as well as develop strategies and plans to better secure collateral, collect and monitor agreed repayments;
- Define and recommend appropriate loan work-out strategies that reduce the Bank’s credit risk and maximize return;
- Proactively engage with borrowers, other lenders, Facility Agents, and other departments in the Bank to obtain timely, relevant information and prepare written in-depth analysis and loan work-out strategies that protect the Bank and strengthen its credit risk profile;
- Closely interact with key stakeholders in the Bank including Business Development, Credit Assessment, Credit Quality Assurance, and Operations for the timely resolution of sub and non-performing loans;
- Ensure that non-performing loans are properly risk rated and that relevant Loan Remediation reports are prepared on time;
- Ensure that comprehensive and up-to-date information, including customer credit information, correspondences, minutes, work-out memoranda, and such other relevant information is securely maintained and filed for all facilities in the Loan Remediation portfolio;
- Ensure that the security package for all facilities in the Loan Remediation portfolio is perfected, with the most recent asset valuations as appropriate.
- Adhere to the Bank’s RMPPs including the mandated collection processes;
- Support the Finance Department with reliable and timely information necessary for informing the loan loss provisioning process of the Bank;
- Work closely with legal counsel for the initiation and implementation of legal cases in the implementation of the loan acceleration and enforcement work out plans;
- Attend and actively contribute to the relevant committees of the Bank including; Pre-Assessment Committee, Business Committee, and Credit Committee to provide timely information necessary in strengthening the Bank’s credit assessment process;
- Ensure that the Loan Remediation Unit has comprehensive and updated guidelines, policies and operating procedures that guide the operations of the unit in line with best practice;
- Provide awareness and guidance to all stakeholders in the Bank with respect to Loan remediation policies, practices, and standards;
- Develop reporting systems to manage, monitor and report activities related to the Loan Remediation portfolio;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive Loan Remediation reports to Senior Management and the Board on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Attend internal and external Bank meetings from time to time as may be guided by the Senior Manager Loan Remediation;
- Undertake all such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.