Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Course of Study: Nursing
Required Grade: Any
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides and documents services relating to routine and non routine Occupational Health care of employees and others as determined by local site management within the professional scope and standards of license in collaboration with other health professionals.
• Knows of and adhere to local policies, procedures and regulations. May also be involved in the development and implementation of these policies.
• Analyzes and evaluates information to determine and communicate Fitness For Work including the following: case management of injury/illness, routine and non-routine travel preparation, occupational evaluations
• Performs, analyzes, and evaluates Health Screening data to identify possible workplace exposures as required by global Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) and applicable local laws and regulations. Makes recommendations to management based on individual results.
• Liaises with external medical services providers to ensure services provided are delivered in accordance with Company's guidelines.
• Conducts Drug and Alcohol Specimen Collections and trains others according to company's Alcohol and Drug Use (ADU) testing procedures.
• Actively participates in MOH and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) committees, projects and initiatives. May involve some lead responsibilities at a local level.
• Utilizes clinic resources effectively and appropriately
General Nursing care of patients / clients’
• Response to medical emergencies on and offshore.
• Medical evacuation of sick/injured personnel
• Treatment of minor ailment at site clinics
• Conducting/collection of Alcohol and Drug urine specimen
• Collection of MCCP specimen
• Observation and total nursing care of patient on admission.
• Audiometric screening
• Lung function test ( Spirometry)
• Visual screening
• ECG testing
• Minor surgical procedure such as suturing of wounds, incision and drainage of abscesses.
• Wound dressing First aid box replenishment/inspection
• Health education of the work force on prevailing health problem
• Preparation of monthly clinic activities report
• Monthly drug stock check report
• Weekly drug reconciliation
• Collection and Tracking of Biohazard waste from clinic to the laboratory for sterilization before disposal.
• Supervises Cleaners and janitorial staffs, ensuring the cleanliness of the whole clinic.
• Ensure all equipment are functional
• Check Ambulance, ensuring all emergency drugs and medicines are available, and all emergency equipment in the ambulance is functioning.
• Booking of appointment and keeping records of other clinic activities
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Registered Nurse/ Midwife Certificate with at least Five (5) years or more experience.
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Other Relevant Professional Nurse Certification
- Prompt Response to emergencies.
- Ability to check and carry out routine maintenance on equipment.
- Proactive in triaging of patients
- Well informed on current trends of management and care of disease conditions