HIPCITY Hub - A registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern region of Nigeria is currently looking for volunteers and Interns for their newly opened field office in Maiduguri, Borno state - Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutrition (CMAM/IYCF) Project Support Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
- The Nutrition CMAM/IYCF Support officer will be based in Maiduguri, Bonro State and support field activities.
- He/she will provide support for efficient and smooth implementation of nutrition CMAM/IYCF and social and behavioural change activities.
- He/she will also support the implementation and sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM/IYCF with support from Ministry of Health, community leaders and other key stakeholders at local government level.
- The CMAM/IYCF Support officer will support the state team in conducting rapid/detailed assessment of infant and young child feeding practices in mothers/care givers at mobile clinics.
- He/she will support the state team in providing personalized IYCF counselling sessions to pregnant women for the preparation of breastfeeding and colostrum feeding and all mothers with children under 24 months.
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the state team lead.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of CMAM/IYCF activities with support from the State Programme team lead.
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on CMAM/IYCF practices, malnutrition, the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Participate in screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at community level.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM/IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.