Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Lagos, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers
Greenlight Planet is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Operations Associate
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Associate Manager, Operations (Nigeria)
The Role: The Operations Associate will support the Operations teams through efficient inventory management; coordinating outbound logistics and providing reports as and when required.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Ensuring that new received stock is GRNed accordingly, received and put away in accordance with best practice of FIFO
- Receiving all the local deliveries and correctly assigning to the correct user
- Managing the marketing materials inventory and appropriately updating the owners on inventory levels
- Stock Inventory management and ensuring a timely replenishment of stock
- Daily invoicing of the sold-out units
- Coordinating dispatch to ensure delivery to shops is done within the set timelines
- Coordinating warranty replacements and reverse logistics for in warranty stocks from shops to the EB technical team
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Bachelors degree in Supply chain/Purchasing and supplies/Business management from a Premier institution
- Has 2 years’ experience in a busy organization preferably FMCG in the in the supply chain line
- Knowledge and hands on experience in warehousing and distribution
- Ability to work with distributors, sales teams and sales agents to ensure smooth distribution operations
- Knowledge and working experience with a robust ERP / WMS (knowledge of SAP materials management module is an added advantage)
- Excellent hands on Experience on use of computer tools (excel /macros /v-lookup /charts /pivot table) for analysis for business
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.