Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outreach Officer (National Contract Only)
- The Outreach Officer is to assist in the implementation of the Food Security and other Outreach activities under the direction of Food Security Manager, in collaboration with other actors.
- Employees under the responsibility of the position: Outreach workers (casual labour)
- Under the supervision of the Food Security Manager, the holder of this position shall perform the following specific
- Assist during the process of the food distributions, particularly in the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programmes and associated nutrition activities.
- Keep and maintain all DRC community interrelation data and records, observing strict confidentiality protocols.
- Establish a good working relationship with all humanitarian actors, community leaders and IDPs in the IDP settlements and host communities to encourage participation in, support for and a better understanding of the programme activities.
- Coordinate the mobilizing of communities for the realization of all project / programme activities.
- Disseminate and share information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services.
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP and Host community to facilitate awareness of DRC Programmes, with other partner organizations.
- Disseminate information about services available to IDPs and affected host communities during DRC Food Security activities (and other emergency programme activities where appropriate).
- Elicit community involvement in case findings, referrals, encouraging attendance and minimizing defaulters. Follow up issues related to low attendance rate, defaulters and underlying problems, and propose solutions.
- Coordinate the community committee activities in collaboration with the Protection team in relation to nutritional, food distribution or other activities.
- Coordinate the PDMs and household surveys in intervention areas.
- Supervise the activities of Outreach Workers.
- Coordinate the process of identifying key community stakeholders (e.g. religious leaders, influential women).
- Coordinate and conduct community entry and exit meetings in the intervention areas.
- Coordinate the identification of the strengths and weaknesses of village committees and propose appropriate solutions.
- Seek and provide feedback on screening implementation schedule and actively plan as appropriate to enhance coverage and maximize impact.
- Support the Complaints Handling Mechanism, Feedback Mechanism and contribute to overall accountability of DRC to affected persons.