For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
PARAMEDIC / EMERGENCY TECHNICIAN
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Length of contract:
Possibility for extension:
As a paramedic in the ambulance, you'll provide immediate response for medical emergencies and support on the referral of patients. You'll usually be the healthcare professional on the ambulance, and at the level of care you will deal with life threatening conditions to stable medical referrals.
During the referral, you will need to assess a patient's condition and provide essential treatment which could include:
- Resuscitating and stabilizing patients;
- Using high-tech equipment e.g. defibrillator;
- Administering intravenous drips, drugs and oxygen.
- Emergencies can cover injuries, sudden illness, deliveries, complicated pregnancies, hypovolemic shock, patients with diseases as complicated cholera, complicated malaria and others, also some casualties arising as accidents and/or other incidents.
- Work in collaboration of medical supervisors and medical doctors, midwives and nurses at the MDM health facilities.
- Provide written and verbal report of each referral (daily and weekly bases).
- use technical equipment, including ventilators to assist breathing and defibrillators to treat heart failure, in order to resuscitate and stabilize patients;
- carry out certain surgical procedures when necessary, such as intubation (insertion of a breathing tube);
- monitor the patient's condition;
- work closely with doctors and nurses at hospital emergency departments or other health facilities, briefing them as their patient arrives at hospital;
- Clean, decontaminate and check vehicles and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness.
- Weekly inventory of medical equipment, consumables and drugs.
- Participate In internal MDM meetings