Alliance Agriculture is a private-sector-led partnership managed by ACDI/VOCA, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, to pilot an integrated network of input supply, buyers, and smallholder farmers around shared use center pivot irrigation schemes in Nigeria. The Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL), an agency of the Central Bank of Nigeria, and the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, invited Alliance Agriculture to implement its FAM-SMART initiative. This initiative will create opportunities for Nigerian smallholder farmers to become naira millionaires, climb out of poverty, and in so doing, increase Nigeria’s capacity to meet the food needs of its 180 million people. Alliance Agriculture held a launch event and workshop at NIRSAL’s headquarters in Abuja, and drew a number of private partners.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Employment Type: Short-term
- Alliance Agriculture under FAM-SMART now seeks a Program Coordinator to work with ACDI/VOCA’s Nigeria Country Representative to achieve the objective of the workplan in establishing Alliance Agriculture’s first pilot.
- This is a part-time position that will be based in Abuja with 20-30 hours of LOE per week for a maximum of six months.
- Serve as the main project coordinator with Nigeria Country Representative in coordinating partner relationships, meetings, scheduling, event planning, logistics, travel, and administration.
- Work with the Nigeria Country Representative and relevant partners to finalize and execute Alliance Agriculture’s initial work plan and budget.
- Provide support in developing marketing pitch and proposal development to relevant funders and donors, including but not limited writing assignments, research assignments, preparing slide decks, recruitment of future staff, etc.
- High level of computer literacy required
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.