COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- He/she is responsible for the project’s execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, and in terms of resources management on field, in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial and other requirements set by the Donors (USAid – OFDA – Food for Peace) and COOPI internal financial and administrative procedures.
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling.
- Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner.
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly projects’ financial reports
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets.
- Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines.
- Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated.
- Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts.
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQs.
- Supervise and manage program staff: supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff. Manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff.
- Application of mechanisms relative to any on the job training of personnel working on the project.
- Coordinate and supervise overall policy implementation for the human resources of Salima base, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked.
- Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process. Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place
- Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
- Bring-up date the stock inventory.