The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a five-year DFID-funded programme (commenced in May 2016), will support the development of stronger public- sector accountability to deliver public goods and services required for poverty reduction and growth, including to women and girls by strengthening links between governance reforms and service delivery. PERL which will be delivered through three pillars, the first pillar is the Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Government pillar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Financial Management Facilitator
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The PFM Facilitator role on the ARC Reform Advisory Team will provide full time technical and programming support on PFM for the PERL Programme Pillar 1 (ARC) work at the Federal, states and regional hubs. The position will:
- Provide programme-wide on-going technical facilitation to the ARC PFM Advisory Team and to the Programme Management Unit on PFM work;
- Support the management of PFM inputs, including development of TORs, and Quality Assurance of PFM outputs from ARC work at both the federal, states and regional hubs;
- Work and coordinate with the Federal team, especially with respect to PPM work;
- Facilitate interface and cross working with other Reform Support Team members in delivering various aspects of the ARC work at the Federal, states and regional hubs especially as it relates to PFM;
- Support the PPM Advisory team on PFM co-ordination with, and support to other programmes — PSAG Pillars 2 (ECP) and 3 (LEAP), and DFID sector programmes.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications & Requirements:
The candidate for the position of the ARC PFM Reform Facilitator will have the following qualifications:
- BSc/HND in Accounting or BSc in Economics with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Accounting or Economics, and ICAN Associate membership will be an added advantage;
- Experience in other areas of governance including policy and strategy and public service management;
- Experience in analysing and interpreting government financial reports, and maintaining public financial database, and financial analysis;
- Experience in working with or interfacing with sector programmes especially the social sectors;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-stakeholder environment;
- Experience working in public financial management reforms at both federal and state level in Nigeria;
- High level of proficiency in Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; and
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
Terms and Conditions for Employment:
- This role is based in Abuja with frequent travels to other ARC Reform Offices.
- The programme offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV.
Note: The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for and applications without a subject title will “Not” be processed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.