Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead – Alive & Thrive
Reports to: Area Operations Manager with matrix reporting to the A&T Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Project Officers
Budget Responsibilities: None
Scope of Role
The State Team Leader will work closely with the Project Officers, Senior SBCC Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor and Programme Manager.
Key Deliverables Include
State level quality implementation:
- Accountable for the delivery of Project objectives, outcomes, and milestones at the state levels and ensures that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the programme and the donor are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring the results of logical framework are achieved with the support of the Programme Manager and Technical Advisors.
- Supports Programme Officers to develop timely budgets and workplans and further ensure the implementation of activities as agreed in the workplan.
- Works in collaboration with the Lagos State team through formal and informal exchanges to increase the impact of the project.
- Ensures that all outputs of the Alive and Thrive Project are met and works to promote a “one team” approach.
- Liaises with other relevant nutrition programmes in Save the Children International as well as in the State as appropriate to further the outcomes of the programme.
- Ensures the mainstreaming of child safeguarding (safe programming) and fraud awareness in programme implementation.
- Ensures all interventions are delivered to the highest quality standards and according to approved workplans.
- Ensures State level workplans (annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly) are prepared and approved by the PM according to set timelines.
- Active contributor to the Nutrition and Alive & Thrive Programme teams.
- Leverages the technical assistance from the Nutrition team in the Country office to ensure effective and high quality programme delivery.
Monitoring and Documentation:
- Works in collaboration with the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to ensure that State Programme data is accurate and updated.
- Accountable for the delivery of quality Reports of activities in Lagos State as per schedule agreed with the PM.
- Ensure case studies and success stories are periodically developed from Lagos State’s A&T implementation.
Representation of the Project:
- Conveys the overall purpose, activities, and achievements of the Project to external stakeholders in the state.
- Ensures A&T representation and contribution in relevant meetings in Lagos State.
- Collaborates with other nutrition actors in Lagos State.
Human Resources Development:
- Ensures that all Line-managed Staff are supported to produce quality and timely deliverables.
- Builds capacity of Line-managed staff in areas requiring need development.
- Supports the recruitment of new team members.
Additional job responsibilities:
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Skills and Behaviours (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Works closely and constructively with many colleagues at all levels and across cultures, influencing effectively while having little formal authority and to hold peers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a range of stakeholders and able to balance conflicting interests to create shared goals.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Proactive, forward thinker who is able to plan ahead and anticipate requirements and problems
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook when working under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy as well as with others.
- Fully appreciates of the value of cooperation, both internationally and within a team.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions and cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach.
- Thinks creatively and strategically and translates strategy into practical action.
- Analyses complex information from different sources and to synthesise this information into coherent briefs and communication documents.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence. Displays consistent and excellent judgement.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with proven experience of relationship management with stakeholders.
- Passion and commitment to the values of Save the Children.
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- Academic/professional qualification at post graduate level or equivalent in nutrition.
- At least 5 years’ experience in nutrition programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition.
- Experience on line managing staff.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Proven capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and workplans.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Yoruba language
- Proficient in word processing, presentations and spreadsheet computer packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 29th September, 2017.