Abt Associates -The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist 10 / State Coordinator
Job ID: 51385
- Abt Associates seeks Lagos State Coordinators to support a private sector TB project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up tuberculosis case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Lagos and Kano States.
- The State Coordinators will support implementation of a TB services expansion project that will increase availability of TB services in the private sector, improve flow of suspected TB patients into detection and treatment centers, improve the quality of private sector TB services, and strengthen health systems to foster and sustain Public Private Mix (PPM) models for TB care.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the TB Technical Director to implement private sector TB program in their states.
- Develop a system to target and reach the beneficiary populations.
- Develop and implement detailed action plans for activities.
- Serve as the main liaison among communities, facilities, and local government authority (NTBCLP, etc.).
- Develop and review technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategy documents, job aids) and programming tools to support meeting project objectives.
- Supervise the Program Officer in mobilizing the community to plan and attend outreach activities.
- Work with TB Technical Director to implement referral system within the private sector network and to/from the public sector.
- Contribute to communication, advocacy and knowledge management tasks including documentation
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation system.