Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. We are currently working on a project (Nigeria State2State), an anticipated five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
State2State is presently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Nigerian nationals for this upcoming project. Chemonics seeks candidates with experience working on USAID or other international donor funded projects in Northeast and Northwest Nigeria to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tuberculosis (TB) Logistics Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the TB Logistics Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The TB Associate will support the GHSC-PSM Tuberculosis Logistics Team under the overall guidance of the Lab Logistics Director to provide hands-on support to health facilities, States, and Federal Ministry of Health Agencies through their Logistics Management Coordination Units (LMCUs) and at the Central level. In collaboration with the Lab Logistics Manager, Regional Managers, s/he will support Health Facilities, the providing lab services, implementing partners, Global Fund-supported partners and other stakeholders in defined location on supply chain-related activities to enhance data visibility and information sharing.
- The Tuberculosis Logistics Associate will report directly to the TB Logistics Manager.
- Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Under supervision provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS and TB laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, and funding and procurement decisions.
- Under supervision provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Under guidance Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistant for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Under mentorship supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Timely processing of LMIS reports, and filling of requirements to ensure that health facilities are re-supplied with appropriate commodities.
- Support training/mentoring of health facility staff in the use and application of the LMIS tools for the collection of HIV and TB logistics data
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Minimum Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent.
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- 2 years working experience in HIV/TB related activity
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and be mentored.
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: 1717 H Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20006 United States
For more than 36 years, Chemonics has remained dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Chemonics International is founded in 1975 in Wa...Know More about Chemonics International