ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Job Title: Senior Naval Architect
Job Reference ALE/TP/26959/4553
ALE is the abbreviation for “Abnormal Load Engineering”
Our engineers are at the heart of our business, and are critical to our continued success.
As a Senior Naval Architect, based in Nigeria, you will be tasked with:
- To conduct training
- To control and to execute the engineering activities and project management
- Feasibility study for Transportation, Rigging, Installation, Load-out, Float-off, Launching and various heavy lift operations.
- You are expected to be experienced and can perform Rigging Studies, Stability Assessment, Structure Checks & Design, Ballast Study, Sea-Fastening Design, Detailing, 3D and 2D Drawings, and Material Take-off as well as Site Implementation.
- You will attend meetings and trainings.
- You will perform project management at site and will represent the Company to Clients.
- You will report directly to the Branch Manager & Regional Engineering Manager.
- You will also be tasked to create engineering documents that are innovative, high quality, accurate, clear, thorough, cost effective and safe for our stakeholders.
- HSQE will be an integral part of your job.
If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
Phase I –Twelve months orientation by foreign national of the understudies
- Introduction MOSES - a software developed by Ultramarine to simulate marine and structural of marine operation.
- Basic MOSES Language – basic command to operate program which include operation coding and syntax
- Modelling – develop vessel model into MOSES to compute hydrostat, stability, ballasting and other operation
- Ballasting – model ballast compartment of actual vessel tanks and find the resulting condition
- Stability – calculate ship behaves at sea, both in still water and in waves, whether intact or damage condition
Phase II – Twelve months on the job training proper of the understudies.
- Motion Analysis – Compute motion and acceleration during marine transportation based on frequency response of cargo.
- Load-out – introduce how to operate moses based on load-out requirements of different site
- Load-in – detail engineering of load transferring cargo from barge to quay with SPMT or skidding
- Mooring – marine specification of controlling barge during marine operation
- Float-off – utilizing submergible barge to off load heavy floatable cargoes
Phase III – Twelve months Transition
- Project execution – train understudies for actual site execution in project
- Site operation – expose understudies to onshore and offshore operation to gain site experience
- FEED study – guide understudies to perform front end engineering design for offshore development project
- Detail engineering – prepare them for marine operation engineering to be able to perform analysis for detail design.
- Responsible for Project aspect of engineering, feasibility study for Transportation, Rigging, Installation, Load-out, Float-off, Launching and various heavy lift operations which includes Rigging Studies, Stability Assessment, Structure Checks & Design, Ballast Study, Sea-Fastening Design, Detailing, 3D and 2D Drawings, and Material Take-off as well as Site Implementation.
- Responsible for preparation of engineering analysis for projects including studies for Transportation, Rigging, Installation, Load-out, Float-off, Launching and various heavy lift operations which includes Rigging Studies, Stability Assessment, Structure Checks & Design, Ballast Study, Sea-Fastening Design, Detailing, 3D and 2D Drawings, and Material Take-off for various ALE projects
- Take the role in site engineering team, liaises with Clients, ensure work on site as per design. Prepare and monitor the project planning.
- Perform engineering design calculations using available software such as STAAD, RFEM, MOSES, SACS, OPTIMOOR, etc.
- Prepare reports and analysis for projects and tenders
- Assist the engineering team in carrying out feasibility studies
- Perform technical 3D and 2D drawings and detailing using related engineering software such as AutoCAD, AUTOHYDRO, MATHCAD, etc.