APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor (ART) – Clinical Services
Directorate: Clinical Services
- The job holder will work to maintain a high level of expertise and innovation in the delivery of pediatrics and adult antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- This is necessary to accelerate progress toward the attainment of PEPFAR Nigeria program goals.
- This includes the provision of support to HIV treatment facilities to achieve epidemic control in 7 high-burden “scale-up” local government areas (LGAs) by reaching the UNAIDS’ 90-90-90 goal in Benue State, and to maintain PLHIV currently on ART in the remaining 16 LGAs in Benue State and the ones in all the other states (all known as “sustained support LGAs” and “sustained support plus LGAs.
- S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for program sustainability.
- Support the development of evidence-based strategies in line with national guidelines and donor priority for the attainment of UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal, including the implementation of national “test and start” strategy to improve linkage to treatment in all LGAs, uninterrupted ART services for PLHIV, differentiated models of care and treatment, medication adherence support and scheduled monitoring in order to retain them on treatment and ensure treatment success, and TB/HIV activities to address TB disease among PLHIV
- Provide support to the DCS for the management of the program-wide Clinical Services team
- Identify program-wide capacity building needs as this relates to the Clinical Services Directorate and support capacity building efforts
- Provide technical guidance for the delivery of antiretroviral therapy in line with national guidelines and international best practices
- Ensure that training materials, SOPs and tools for ART service delivery are up-to-date
- Work with the DCS, other team members and relevant units/directorates to support identification of priority areas for evaluation in order to improve program implementation
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and support documentation of best practices as well as enhance knowledge sharing
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Team, between the APIN Program Office, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
Min Required Experience: 10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Medical degree (MBBS or equivalent), a Postgraduate Medical fellowship in a Clinical Specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Pediatrics) or a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH), with a minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience, especially in HIV clinical/program management.
- Experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programs would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2017.