APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Pharmacy & SCM
Directorate: Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management
- To render support to all clinical pharmacy and supply chain management activities of the program
- Promote excellent HIV Clinical Pharmacy practices and documentation at supported facilities
- Provide regional leadership of clinical pharmacy, pharmacovigilance and ART Differentiated Care activities
- Maintain effective relationship and interaction with Government officials and other stakeholders with other members of the team to achieve program goals
- Engage with the Regional PSM TWG and other key stakeholders for strategic decision making on supply chain related issues
- Provide Technical Assistance/ onsite mentorship to supported facilities
- Supervise drug logistics in the region
- Support Pharmacovigilance activities and drug information services in the states
- Provide Monthly reports for Pharmacy related activities for the region
- Ensure quality assurance of HIV Pharmaceutical services at the facility level
- Identify trainings and conduct approved trainings in the region
- Ensure adherence to pharmacy related guidelines, SOPs, job aids and protocols at supported facilities in the region
- Ensure the availability and proper use of the ART LMIS tools at supported facilities in the region
- Ensure the timely submission of all LMIS report by supported facilities in the region
- Provide Technical oversight on ART Differentiated Care activities in the region
- Ensure proper monitoring, tracking and retention of devolved patients in Care in in the region
- Support Operational research
Min Required Experience: 8 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pharm or Pharm. D degree with Masters in Clinical Pharmacy, Public Health, Epidemiology or Pharmacology.
- Registered Pharmacists with minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Managing HIV, TB or Malaria programsHow to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2017.