APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Technical Associate – Laboratory Logistics
Location: Benue, Lagos
Directorate: Laboratory Services
- To support the development, implementation and monitoring of the laboratory logistics plan in program implementation.
- He/she will coordinate the stock management and distribution of laboratory equipment and reagents
- With technical guidance from the Director – Lab Services, coordinate the integration of laboratory logistics system for efficient quantification and supply of laboratory reagents and consumables.
- Oversee the Lab Logistics Remote tracker to support commodities availability across supported healthcare facilities.
- Receive delivery of materials in the warehouse.
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage and sign delivery tags.
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials.
- Update computer inventory control records.
- Perform periodic physical inventory and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities.
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies and maintain stock control records.
- Track usage of supplies and report on any incidence of abuse.
- Responsible for the preparation of technical reports as regards Laboratory Logistics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Science. A valid certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory.
- 3 years’ experience in managing laboratory supply chain management logistics preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2017.