APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Technical Associate – Laboratory Program Support
Directorate: Laboratory Services
- The incumbent will provide general program assistance and conduct activities to support laboratory program implementation
- S/he will be responsible for communicating all program related matters and/or specific policy information related to the unit.
- Assist in updating and/or developing policies and procedures and support the system for document control.
- The job holder is responsible for planning and coordinating all laboratory related trainings in collaboration with the CQ/IM unit.
- S/he will design, coordinate and implement a system for the real time follow up on all outstanding unit tasks and action plan in line with approved timelines.
- S/he will assist in the preparation of the laboratory administrative reports and collation of success stories.
- Provide daily administrative & logistical support to the lab team & other staff as requested.
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Laboratory Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or related science from an accredited University.
- 2 years’ experience preferably in the NGO setting.
- A knowledge of laboratory data management would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2017.